Reporter, The Publican's Morning Advertiser - William Reed Business Media - United Kingdom
This job is located in Crawley, United Kingdom (map)
William Reed Business Media is the market-leading B2B media company in the UK food, drink and hospitality industries. The company employs over 300 employees and is one of the UK’s largest private B2B media companies with offices in Crawley, West Sussex, Montpellier, France and New York.
The Morning Advertiser, the leading weekly magazine for the pub sector,is currently looking for a Reporter to join the team to generate news and feature content for both the Publican’s Morning Advertiser and its website www.morningadvertiser.co.uk
He or she will develop quickly an in-depth knowledge of the pub industry, its key players and challenges.
We expect the news reporter to forge professional working relationships with key industry players to unlock the exclusive content pub market that our readers have come to expect.
The new reporter will be expected to deliver hard-hitting, off-diary and diary stories. A strong personality and the ability to represent the title to key industry-opinion formers are also important.
The role will involve attending evening and daytime events.The reporter will also be responsible for assisting with online news and other multimedia content.
Key responsibilities & tasks:
• Creating news for magazine and web, both on and off diary Proof reading
• Contributing original news and ideas at internal meetings and developing them through to final copy for publication
• Attending press conferences and events with some evening working
• Organising and attending special events for the Publican’s Morning Advertiser
• Developing a network of contacts throughout the pub trade
• An interest in multi-media journalism and social media
• Updating the website and ensuring content is up to date
• Dynamic and out-going individual with strong inter-personal skills and the personality to represent the titles to the industry
• Ability to acquire the requisite skills quickly.
• The ability to grasp complex business, financial and technical information quickly and to write about them clearly and concisely.
• Web-editing, publishing and software knowledge.
• Good proof-reading skills.
• Strong organizational abilities.
• Versatile reporting skills
• Audio and video editing skills would be a bonus
• A contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• 25 days holiday
• Discounted gym membership
• Free car parking
• Free shuttle service from Three Bridges station
• Season ticket loan (on successful; completion of probationary period)
How to apply
Please click on the "apply now" button below to apply for this position
This job's closed, so you can no longer apply for this position.
This vacancy for a Reporter was imported via feed on Saturday 4 May 2013