Sun editor David Dinsmore bans byline bandits after Press Gazette piece highlighting the issue
Follow @mediaukprintFrom Press Gazette - posted
New Sun editor David Dinsmore has agreed to ban ‘byline banditry’ at The Sun after the issue was highlighted by Press Gazette. Freelance journalist Sheron Boyle wrote of her anger at a Sun staffer insisting on taking a byline on a piece which she had submitted. After raising the issue directly with Dinsmore he phoned her last week and said: “I agreed with your piece, I’ve spoken to all the desk heads and they’ve agreed it [byline banditry] makes no sense and it won’t happen again. “The policy has ended.
Comments
Use a social media account you already have to log in. More info
If you're not on social media, register for a Media UK account.
By logging in, you are consenting to a cookie that personally identifies you to us. Here's more about our cookies.
Latest media news
From Media Guardian. Posted 15 Jul 2013, 09:14
Magazine publisher's Kate and William's Birth Celebration app will move faster than print. By Stuart Dredge (more)
From Media Guardian. Posted 15 Jul 2013, 09:00
Nicholas Lezard's account of his return to bachelorhood, as documented in his New Statesman columns, provides a vicarious thrill, writes Nicholas Clee (more)
From Hold the Front Page. Posted 15 Jul 2013, 08:36
North East journalist started out as district correspondent... (more)
From Press Gazette. Posted 15 Jul 2013, 07:36
Sunday Times insiders have said the Metropolitan Police undermined the paper’s exposure of crime boss David Hunt by suing the paper and launching a huge internal mole hunt. Earlier this month the paper won a three-year libel battle prompte... (more)
From Media Guardian. Posted 15 Jul 2013, 07:30
Charles Arthur: Plus are Apple and Google friends?, baking a pie with Raspberry Pi, how internet surveillance is done, and more (more)
From Hold the Front Page. Posted 15 Jul 2013, 07:00
Council decides against plans to hold discussions in private... (more)
From Hold the Front Page. Posted 15 Jul 2013, 06:30
Author continued to write for daily title until January... (more)
From Hold the Front Page. Posted 15 Jul 2013, 06:30
Plus: Other recently resolved PCC cases... (more)
From Hold the Front Page. Posted 15 Jul 2013, 06:00
"Darkest day" in town's history remembered with a roll-call of those lost... (more)
From Daily Mail. Posted 15 Jul 2013, 01:19
In a strongly-worded article for the Daily Mail, Mr Hammond accuses Nick Clegg of taking a ‘reckless’ gamble with national security by pushing for the trusted Trident system to be replaced by a cut-down deterrent.... (more)