Product Manager, Global Radio
See our directory page for Global Radio
Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Central London
Reports To: Head of Design and Product Management
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a talented Product Manager to work at the UK’s biggest and most respected commercial radio stations. Based in London’s Leicester square, Global Radio’s portfolio includes brands such as Capital FM, Xfm, Classic FM, Heart, LBC, Choice and Gold.
Role Objectives and Context
The Product Manager supports the product development, design and editorial teams. They continually gain understanding of our user’s behaviour and how our front and back end systems support their daily needs. They will provide front line support on functional issues across the business and will manage and help to communicate any issues with our internal CMS systems when they arise.
1. Project initiation
• Owns clarification, rationalisation and documentation of project requests from users (Editors, Commercial etc)
• Gets to know all site editors and ensures the relevant ones are actively involved in project work.
• Develops an understanding of the detailed user journeys editors undertake and applies it when researching potential solutions and new feature ideas.
2. Feature Development
• Analyses and documents relevant business processes.
• Conducts interviews with stakeholders to define requirements
• Explains business case behind why we must change a process or a feature
• Conducts gap analysis and competitive reviews where appropriate
• Works closely with testers to ensure builds meet specified requirements
• Ensures a project meets functionality requirements
• Projects will cover Global’s in house CMS systems and any 3rd party providers e.g. MediaSpan, iTunes, 4th Screen
• Aides to carry out user testing sessions
• Adheres to and enforces department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices. (i.e knowledge of browser usage stats, accessibility etc)
• Understands how to maintain our internal data (playout, show, artist and track info)
• Monitors the quality and performance of our sites on a day-to-day basis.
• Owns product launches, ensuring we have everything ready for go-live.
• Prepares/helps to prepare training manuals for admin systems
• Attends training sessions with editors from across the business
• To provide support to users of our CMS
5. Team responsibilities
• The entire team is measured on the success of our products, success is measured by the following metrics:
o Online Audience (UU/month) and Audience Engagement (time spent / PVs per UU)
o Revenue targets for the brand sites
o Customer Satisfaction
o Product Quality (performance and availability)
o Delivery of projects to specified objectives, timescales and costs
What we are looking for
• Attention to detail
• Stamina to continually challenge assumptions
• Good team work and communication skills
• Informed of current trends
• Passionate and motivated
Experience and Skills
• Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Must have at least 2 years experience in a similar or related role
• Extensive knowledge of business system and front end system development processes
• Agile development process knowledge is preferred
• Strong understanding of the functional area and business practices to be supported
• Robust working methods and strong attention to detail
This job's closed, so you can no longer apply for this position.
Posted by a user at thisisglobal.com on Wednesday 24 October 2012