Managing Editor for World Radio Switzerland
This job is located in Geneva, Switzerland (map)
World Radio Switzerland is the English-speaking radio station of the Swiss Broadcasting Corporation. It is currently being privatized, a process that will take between 12 and 16 months. WRS is looking for a Managing Editor.
As such, you will be responsible for the editorial content of the station. You will be in charge of WRS’s Geneva-based newsroom. You will chair the daily editorial briefings, identify editorial priorities in the station’s coverage of Swiss issues. You will also contribute to the development of the editorial line of the station.
You will report directly to WRS’s director and be part of the extended management team, alongside the station’s deputy director and program coordinator.
• Determined to succeed?
• Endowed with a “can do”, “why not” attitude?
• A committed “news junkie”?
Do you have:
• A degree in journalism or broadcasting and experience in news
• 3 to 5 years of professional practice in a newsroom in Switzerland or abroad
• A prior experience in management
• Great language skills. If of English mother tongue, French or German proficiency a must. For Swiss candidates, proficiency in English required
• A comprehensive knowledge of Switzerland’s institutions, culture and geography
• Strong leadership abilities
• Excellent social and communication skills
• The ability to take risks and to thrive in a challenging environment
• Swiss or European citizenship
Place of work: Geneva, Switzerland
Deadline for applications: January 29, 2013
This job's closed, so you can no longer apply for this position.
This vacancy for a Managing Editor for World Radio Switzerland was posted on Thursday 17 January 2013