A part-time other job at Vibe 107.6 FM in Watford
Posted 11 September 2019, 2.16pm bst
This job is not paid
As a community radio station, Vibe 107.6 FM provides fantastic experience and training to aspiring broadcasters, producers, programmers and presenters in the area. At present, we are looking for new Drive Presenters but please note that as a non-for-profit radio station, this is a voluntary role. (You must be over 18 years of age to apply and live in Hertfordshire or one of the surrounding boroughs.)
Previous team members have gone on to work for Capital, KMFM, Juice, Inrix, Heat Radio, Heart, Kiss, Fire Radio, talkRADIO and LBC, as well as TV channels Sky and E!
Could you be the voice of Vibe 107.6 FM’s weekday Drive Show, with a friendly but energetic attitude to entertain our listeners from 5pm – 7pm?
Drive is a key show at Vibe 107.6 FM, helping to set the tone for the rest of the station and you will create engaging content and provide travel updates to keep South West Herts on the move. You will be talking to a wide range of listeners, so your content needs to be fun, fresh and appealing.
Confidence, enthusiasm, commitment and the skills to present live on air in the evening are vital. You will be trusted to present to a large audience and the ability to deliver the regular local travel bulletins to a high standard is vital.
It is expected that you will involve your audience through social media, texts and on air. Therefore, you will need to put in the time to be creative, take ownership and get really stuck in. This is the ideal show if you are looking to move your presenting career to the next level.
- Previous experience presenting in commercial/community/student radio, using commercial standard radio broadcasting equipment. (Ideally on a Breakfast or Drive show).
- A confident and enthusiastic sounding voice.
- Very good organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent and fun ideas for content and features.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for commercial chart music.
- It is essential that you can get to the studio by 4.30pm and will live or work within 40 minutes of Watford.
- Adaptable to change as well as being quick to find a solution to any problems.
- A passion for radio and an interest in Vibe 107.6 FM and South West Herts.
- Previous experience delivering travel bulletins is a bonus but not essential.
(Vibe 107.6 FM is located less than 5 minutes walk from Watford Junction station and within walking distance (approx. 20 minutes) from Watford Metropolitan tube station.)
So, if you think you have what it takes for this role, apply to join our team of presenters at Vibe 107.6 FM!
If you would like to be considered for this voluntary position and can commit to 2 shows per week, please email your CV and a short demo that is similar to the Vibe 107.6 FM sound to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please include a short paragraph on why you want to get involved at the station, highlighting your relevant experience and availability.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 29th September 2019.
This job closes: 29 September, 2019
Please say you saw this position on media.info when applying.